A roundabout way to talk about autistic traits



Many partners and spouses don't even want to contemplate the possibility of being autistic. 

One way to work around that, which offers us a common language without using any terms related to autism and neurodiversity, may be to take a fun personality test such as the free one at https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Your partner may accept that they are a "Logician" or a "Debater" much more readily. 

The test may also give you an idea of how much or how little self-awareness your partner has. If you do yours in your partner's presence, it may give you a chance to compare different perceptions.

I did my test in January this year. According to the test, I am a Turbulent Adventurer. Monotonous, rigid routine? Not for me!!!

I like the 16 personalities site because they send me emails taylored to my type every now and then (not too many, thank God!). I find them useful, too.

For the record, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the 16 personalities site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick tip: if we get angry/upset...

What other themes are helpful for partners of autistic people?

Are you stuck in the drama triangle?